Last updated – 30th August 2020
The publisher and owner of InterMET.digital, and the organiser of associated / incorporated events (InterMET Asia, InterFLOOD Asia and InterAIR Asia inter alia) is Media Generation Ventures Ltd, of Windsor House, Cornwall Road, Harrogate, HG1 2PW, United Kingdom (‘MGV’).
MGV collects and stores data about you for the purpose of informing you about industry activity and/or relevant associated events; and, when you register for the event or visit the website, so that you can enter and engage with any of the systems that are provided by MGV or our registration contractors in order to enhance your visit.
What data do we collect?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. MGV will collect one or more of the following types of data about you:
- Contact information: name, address, email address, phone numbers
- Question/answer information: questions in addition to your contact information that you might be asked when you completed an online form
- Order information: details of orders placed, billing and delivery address details
- Payment checking information: checks made when processing card payments, for example, fraud and card misuse checks
- Communications: details of communications sent to, and received by an individual
- Attendance capacity: we will collect data on the capacity that you attended the event, for example as a visitor or as an exhibitor
Why do we collect this data?
MGV will use the data we collect for a number of different reasons. The specific reason for which we process your data will vary from event to event but will contain one or more of the following:
- Informing you about industry activity, news and webinars etc
- Suggesting exhibitors and products of interest
- Informing you about the event itself
- Informing you about your entry to the event
- Delivery of tickets/passes
- Enabling you to schedule meetings with other attendees or exhibitors
- Enabling you to update your privacy settings
- Processing orders and financial transactions
How do we use this data?
MGV will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. MGV is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Is your data shared with anyone?
MGV will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first gaining your consent. Consent to pass on your data may be given by allowing your pass to be scanned by an exhibitor at one of our events. In this case, the exhibitor which scanned your badge will have your name, address, contact data and some or all of your question responses which you provided during the registration process disclosed to them. In some cases where we are legally obliged, we may need to share your data with law enforcement services.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
Can I find out the personal data that you hold about me?
At your request we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
In order to safeguard your data, requests to access this information must be accompanied with identification. You will need to provide two forms of identification from the following list:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill from the last 3 months
You may at any time choose to opt out of communications sent to you by utilising the unsubscribe feature included in our direct communications, or by sending us an email to: email@example.com
Contact Information and Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by MGV, or subcontractors used by MGV, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and MGV's data protection representatives with the details below.
Media Generation Ventures Ltd
Windsor House, Cornwall Road
Harrogate, HG1 2PW
Tel: +44 (0)1423 524545
Information Commissioner's Office