HMEI promotes the views of the private industry providers of products and services in the meteorological, hydrological, environmental and related fields.
The Association is fully accredited to the WMO and other UN organizations and actively facilitates interaction and communication between its members and a broad range of international and national organizations, both governmental and private, for the mutual benefit of all parties.
The Work of HMEI
- Establish and maintain communication between developers, manufacturers and service providers within the hydro-meteorological instruments and systems industry worldwide and to provide a forum for discussion and resolution of matters of mutual concern
- Represent, communicate and defend, at an international level, the views of the hydro-meteorological instruments and systems industry, thereby ensuring a voice for the industry in discussions and resolutions concerning designs, standards and operations of environmental, meteorological and hydrological instruments and equipment
- Collect and disseminate, at an international level, information relative to the hydro-meteorological instruments and systems industry
- Represent the hydro-meteorological instruments and systems industry by participation as an observer in the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and its Commissions, Committees and Working Groups
- Promote and contribute to standardization world-wide in the meteorological and hydrological fields, including, defence of the interests of its members with relation to rules, guidelines and government policies, such as ISO standardization
- Advance the environmental, meteorological and hydrological sciences worldwide