Weatherman Assistant Systems Pileus
Hover over image to zoom
or click to view full size
The system consists of the following groups of applications:
System database – stores source and processed meteorological data used by other system applications of the system.
Database containing the structures storing the meteorological data derived from the following types of bulletins:
- fully decoded: SYNOP; SHIP; METAR; TEMP; TEMP-SHIP; TEMP-SHIP
- only selected dispatch elements decoded: TAF
- in source form: AAPL87-DESB; FPPL55-PROGB; FPPL96-PROGS; FPPL97-PROGD; FPPL98-PROGN; FPPL99-PROGO; SDPL98-MMFP; SDPL99-FFBB; SXPL99-LGPD; WAPL98-KONS; WBPL99-AXEU; WOPL98-OSTS; WOPL99; WWLT90; UXPL99-PILOT
Applications managing data – carrying out data transmission and responsible for keeping the data stored in the system database up-to-date.
- data transmission both on asynchronous and synchronous links
- data transmission on Internet lines
- exchange of bulletins with other programmes by saving them as files in declared folders (in particular, it enables reading bulletins in accordance with the standard used by the meteorological communication processor – the sent file contains the path to the proper bulletin file stored in the processor archive)
- simultaneous operation of multiple directions (lines)
- sending text and binary bulletins without limiting their size
- filtering bulletins sent on individual lines
Tool and presentation applications – used by the weatherman in the process of developing meteorological data, forecasting and distributing information about the meteorological situation.
This group comprises of:
- synoptic map
- dispatch editor
- aerological diagram
- weather status table